This is my thread for Gaia Manager themes. I haven't packaged any of them because I made them a long time ago before I knew how to package themes and now my PS3 is dead so I don't want to make any packages without the ability to test them. I've tested them all on Gaia Manager 1.04.1 but they should all work fine in the 2.X versions of Gaia as well.
The preview images shown in the thumbnails below are a mix of some quick mockups I threw together and copies of the actual background without a mockup. So if things look a bit odd, don't worry. They'll look fine on your PS3. click them for full size.
They should mostly (if not all) be shown in this video starting at about the 1 minute mark
In Gaia Manager version 2.X the images (BGG.PNG, BGH.PNG and HIGHLIGHT.PNG) are inside the EBOOT.BIN file.
However, you can still use custom themes in the same way as in version 1.X
Gaia will detect and use those images instead of the default ones inside the EBOOT.BIN file.
The file structure is as follows:
/dev_hdd0/game/GAIA01985/ICON0.PNG - (XMB icon)
/dev_hdd0/game/GAIA01985/PIC1.PNG - (XMB Background Image)
/dev_hdd0/game/GAIA01985/USRDIR/BGG.PNG - (Background in Games View)
/dev_hdd0/game/GAIA01985/USRDIR/BGH.PNG - (Background in Homebrew View)
/dev_hdd0/game/GAIA01985/USRDIR/HIGHLIGHT.PNG - (selection bar)
1. Download the theme and unzip the archive if necessary.
2. Launch Gaia Manager and activate the "FTP Server" option (or use a program such as OpenPS3FTP or Blackbox)
3. Connect to your PS3 from your computer via an FTP program such as FileZilla.
4. Navigate to "/dev_hdd0/game/GAIA01985/" then replace ICON0.PNG and PIC1.PNG with the files of the same name from the theme you just downloaded.
5. Navigate to "/dev_hdd0/game/GAIA01985/USRDIR/" then replace the BGG.PNG, BGH.PNG and HIGHLIGHT.PNG files
6. Exit your FTP programs and check out your new theme!
-Alternatively, you could also transfer the files to a USB drive after unzipping and tranfer them to your PS3 using multiman or comgenie file manager.