Did anyone actually figure out how to properly use this DEX UPD PKG in order to enable full multiMAN functionality on a genuine DEX unit? I could not see this PKG changing anything at all! multiMAN application will start on a DEX by default of course, but the LV2 patching / BDEMU stuff never worked so far. I expected this UPD PKG to change this somehow?
Here is what I tried in detail to hopefully have someone clarify how to do it properly:
- Installed DEX OFW 3.55 PUP (MD5: 3b6ebc594de5586b5e289225f6d3164a) on a genuine phat DEX unit (not a converted CEX unit!)
- Restored the system to factory default
- Installed 'mmCM ver 04.01.00 BASE (20120204).pkg'
- Launched multiMAN, as expected it would show 'cannot enable BD-ROM emulator, Unsupported system firmware'
- Copied a game from a genuine BD-ROM to the HDD using multiMAN
- Tried launching the HDD copy -> failed (of course)
Now to the interesting stuff
- Installed 'multiMAN ver 04.01.00 DEX UPD MOD (20120204).pkg'on the unit and rebooted the system
- Launched multiMAN again, it would still complain 'cannot enable BD-ROM emulator, Unsupported system firmware'
- As the DEX UPD MOD PKG does not contain a BDEMU.BIN file, I tried installing BDEMUv2 for either 3.41 or 3.55, still same error message.
- Tried switching between Hermes style BDEMU and 'standard' BDEMU, still same error message, still no backup functionality.
Conclusion and question:
Since the DEX UPD PKG only contains updated USRDIR/EBOOT.BIN, USRDIR/DISACC.BIN and USRDIS/sys/DATA0 files (and no patched/modified BDEMU.BIN for example) I am at a loss on how this PKG would enable HDD backups on DEX stations, can anyone please clarify how to properly use this or what I am missing to get this to work?
EXCLUSIVE: 'mmOS' coming soon.. - A big update to 'mmCM' (aka) multiMAN Cobra Manager
It has been very silent recently in 'mmCM' updates, but we have good news today, developers behind 'Team Cobra' have contacted us and shared with us what they been working on since March, and it is is awesome, basically a full featured desktop enviroment called 'mmOS' to replace the old multiman file manager.
Click on the above picture, for a jaw-dropping HD screenshot of 'mmOS' in action, and after your jaw lifts off the keyboard, see below some of it's features:
supports 8 windows with up to 4096 entries per folder
double-click to launch video/music/picture/games...
single-click to multiple-select for copy/move
desktop icons for fast access to various options/functions
(shortcuts for showtime, games, themes, user created shortcuts)
This is just a hint of what is coming in the next big update, so we can't wait to see 'mmOS' all completed and fully in action with its many new jaw-dropping features on our PS3 consoles, and it might not be too long either as the developers are hinting at before this month's end for a big release, so this is already heating up to be nice hot summer for us Jailbreak Sony PS3 owners!
And remember as usual stay tuned to @PS3Crunchnet for the very latest in 'scene' newz!