@tul, i take the liberty of improving you're tutorial, can you check? I will try this when my E3 card reader arrives
How to unbrick from a DEX to CEX conversion
Hello people. I have some problem here after returning to CEX.
I successfully flashed my NOR in Multiman (I have Rogero 3.55 DEX), however i couln't update my PS3 to Rogero 3.55 CEX (version 3.4), so I had to turn off my PS3. After that, my PS3 does not turn on, there's like double 5 beeps, or something like that.
I followed you Andreus' tutorial but I can't get in service mode, I'm using PS3jig on PSP 6.60 Pro C. The PSP seems to detect fine, but the PS3 just shutdown.
Am I doing something wrong? Or do you think I should get a E3 Card Reader?
Have you put downgrade files on usb and continued the tutorial after using ps3jig?
EDIT: I have managed a successful DEX2CEX conversion
using deank original method;
1. I was on 4.20 dex played goldeneye & dark souls for a while (deleted all saves & data from hdd)
2. Then used the 3.55 dex downgrader pup
3. Then flash my original cex norbin in mm
4. Exited mm then switched ps3 off via xmb
5. Turned on ps3 via controller (this is different to how i done it before, not sure any relevance)
6. Expected beeps....... but to my delight xmb (still with debug options) thought i hadn't flashed the wrong norbin lol
7. Installed kmeaw via xmb (voila cex no brick)
The only thing i done different was used the controller (step 5)
and deleted all saves & data from hdd (step 1) before using dex 3.55 downgrader pup
i will try again in next few days without deleting saves and data.
Last edited by ohnozeibricked; 08-04-2012 at 04:44 PM.
* install eEID_RKDumper.pkg
* Unplug all USB devices
* run eEID_RKDumper from XMB
* It will show a black screen (no GUI) for 10-15 seconds, then 3 beeps and restart the console automatically
* FTP (other otherwise) retrieve your eid_root_key / PCK1 from /dev_hdd0/tmp/eid_root_key (48 bytes)
I can confirm that the tool works and it only takes 10-15 seconds to get the eid_root_key!!
I compared the file created by this tool with the first 48 bytes of the dump_eid0.bin created by metldrpwn (following deank's tutorial), and they are the same.
Last edited by aldostools; 08-04-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Check the news article on the first page - you now have three mirrors to choose from - Mediafire, 2Shared or Zippyshare - alternatively, you could try copy-pasting the Sendspace link into the Rapid8.com premium link generator site.
Also, even I'm having issues trying to download the file from Sendspace but thank God I had the archive saved when I was trying out the CEX-to-DEX conversion, and by the way, yes you're right with regards to the process.