The issue is that mM can't reconnect them in the proper order because both have the same IDs and it can't distinguish them.
Your only workaround is to connect only the drive you want to play from.
Do you see both drives disconnect/reconnect when doing the usb bus reset (if they have lights and are unpowered you can see).
Yes both the drives do power off for a lil sec as i can also hear tick voice for them getting powered of and then reconnect.Yes lights on both harddrives goes off simultaneously for less than a sec and then they keep blinking.
So basically any chance for getting it fixed in future firmware as rogero said that it was sony who used different drivers or its specifically related to multiman and i should consider a new harddrive?
Last week I tried to replace the libusbd.sprx, libio.sprx and other .sprx files - I used these from 3.55 and replaced the ones on 4.21 with ABSOLUTELY no result... I got the same issue so it must be something else.
After a lot of tests my final conclusion was that the drive connect order is what's important. When the PS3 boots it usually initializes /dev_usb000 first and that's why games from it work if you don't touch anything. The solution for now is:
1) Disconnect all drives
2) Connect the drive which has the game
3) Connect the remaining drives
The connect/disconnect is only possible by specifying the vendor/device IDs and as in your case - both disconnect and both reconnect at the same time which breaks the procedure. If it was working properly they'll be reconnected with 5 seconds delay from each.
If you like multiMAN or multiAVCHD, support the development with a small donation. Click here.
Ive got a couple of questions, maybe someone here can help me. Im sure the answer is out there and I have looked on the wiki page etc but there is so much info out there on multiman and it has so many changelogs/features its hard to know what is the latest most up to date info for my particular situation. Multiman is so well updated I bet if all the multiman changelogs were put together they would fill a book!
Heres my situation, I have a Slim PS3 that I use for media with Rebug 4.21 firmware on it and this latest version of Multiman, and I have some Full/complete 3D bluray movie backups (folder type and iso type if it makes a difference) that I would like to play, Basically I want to know what is the best way to play them on my PS3 for highest quality and the least amount of messing around, money/time spent? I dont mind buying a cobra dongle or whatever if i need to if that makes it all work as I would like?
As far as I know the old best way to acheive this with a ps3 is to burn the backups onto a blank bluray disk or use multiAVCHD to slit the files, maybe it still is the only way, Im just wondering if there has been any updates on loading the images the same way we load games?
I see multiman allows folder images to be mounted to virtual Bd drive from GAMES folder but the feature is a WIP at this time as far as i can see or maybe Ive just been unlucky with my rips? I have tried the AVCHD method using a USB drive with the 22kb file but both movies Ive tried have failed with error 80029945 , probably because of java crap in the disk images?
Another reason I ask is I would like to be able to watch FULL HD 3D (I mean 1 x 1080p image for each eye so 1080P x2 really) on my ps3 , Can multiAVCHD do this? I would like to know is there anyway to achieve this on a ps3 without burning movies to disk? Those BD50 disks are rather expensive and also I would love to able to scroll through my BD backups in multiman like I can my game backups.
P.S. I know ps3 media server/universal media server is good for streaming Full HD m2ts files from PC but it cant do FULL HD 3D and also I would prefer to be able to use just one device (the PS3) if possible.
Last edited by DeViL303; 11-30-2012 at 01:16 PM.
"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"
multiMAN ver 04.14.01 UPD CEX (20121130).pkg (2.44MB)
* Checking for game updates will also check GAMEI folder on external USB drives for installed game data
I ask for help, in MM in Game Settings, I do not show the correct version of the firmware that the update is installed.
I installed Assassin's Creed III with Game Update Patch: (01.01 to 01.02) already included through the structure INSDIR
Starting the game with option <Game Date EXT>
But when I check in settings I am ver. 1:00 PS3 Firmware 4.21
Instead I have ver. 1:02 PS3 Firmware 4.10
* Changed: Do not scan/reset USB devices on DEX firmwares
* NTFS/PFS driver works properly with and without USB.CFG (only ONE active NTFS HDD supported)
* Game and Firmware version display in "Game Settings" menu will reflect data found in GAMEI folder if "Ext. Game Data" is enabled
* mM is now available in XMB after "Ext. Game Data" or gameDATA (USB mode) is used
* Improved support for data CD/DVD/BD discs (Blu-ray Movie Discs, AVCHD discs, other data discs)
- Upon mM launch if such disc is in the tray it will be accessible right away
- If a data disc (non-genuine PS3 BD Game Disc) is inserted during mM operation it will be also accessible
- These changes negate the use of "Enable Direct Disc Access" option in "Settings"
* Added "Reset USB" option in "Settings" to disable usb scan/reset
* Added 6 new lines in the LANG_DEFAULT
* Included standalone [* Install Package Files] application with queue/color/sorting support