EXCLUSIVE: multiMAN STEALTH 04.13.03 Released as APP_HOME & Basic Stealth PKG apps
Now stealthier than Sam Fisher, Solid Snake and Agent 47!
DeanK has now released a stealth version of the popular multiMAN (04.13.03) application, which now allows you to start up the application via the * app_home/PS3_GAME/ XMB slot, while booting up the Install Package Files application first - and once stealth mM is installed and a backed up game is booted, it will now show up on the XMB as the previously booted up game, but be aware that this application is STRICTLY for those who are using Rogero's 4.30 v2.03 firmware only for the time being - read below for usage instructions:
* Copy installPKG.pkg and report_data.txt to the root of a USB stick/drive
* Install "installPKG", reboot, install from the bubble
* Start [* Install Package Files] standalone from the icon in XMB (not from /app_home)
* It should look as in the screenshot
* Press [START] to "Update and Load Stealth multiMAN"
* Rename report_data.txt to anyFileName.self and Copy to USB stick or PS3 HDD
* Use multiMAN mmOS, locate the file and double-click on it
* mM stealth will install and start
Once you booted stealth mM at least once you can safely delete the 'regular' mM from XMB if you wish.
You can delete the standalone [* Install Package Files] application from XMB if you wish.
How to load the stealth multiMAN:
1) Restart your PS3
2) Go go /app_home (which will change to the last game you loaded or to [* Install Package Files]) and press[X]
3) If you hold [SELECT] pressed it will load stealth multiMAN directly.
The updated [* Install Package Files] supports the stealth multiMAN and you can launch it by pressing [SELECT].
The stealth multiMAN supports online update which doesn't require PKG file installation and is a seamless process.
Q: Why is it stealth?
- It is not present in XMB (not present in /dev_hdd0/game/*)
- Each time the /app_home (* Install Package Files) gets different TITLE ID and TITLE NAME
- Every time you load a game it will change the TITLE of /app_home thus not looking suspicious
- You can use mM while your XMB looks totally OFW (with no homebrew installed which may be detected)
Update: DeanK has now created a stealthed multiMAN build with fixed gameIDs that can easily be modified and repacked by users to show different gameIDs, and he has released one PKG as a "proof-of-concept" - read below on how to do that:
Originally Posted by deank
I know that there are users on other than 4.30CFW firmwares that would also love to have the stealthMAN so I prepared an example PKG file.
It is for 03.40-04.30CFW and for those of you who LOVE to create non-working mM stealth versions with different title ids
Hi. Just updated my Multiman to 04.14.03 from 04.13.00 and now all of sudden I can't use directional pad to browse through my games, i use the theme where there there is a list and a cover of the game on the right (dont know the name of it, but think its standard theme). If I choose one of the other, the directional pad works fine, but not in the "standard" theme, anyone know why it just jumps to the next page now?