Updated with all the new CEX and DEX CFW.
Berion and Grimm are back with an update for their PS3 CFW Validator, of course adding all the missing new firmwares.
As its name suggests, Custom Firmware Validator by 'Berion' and 'Grimm', is a nice tool that allows you verify and check downloaded or manually patched firmwares for the PS3, so you can avoid possible bricks.
The new v2.0 Rev-8 adds many of the new CEX and DEX CFW released up to 4.30. Here's the full changelog and to-do list:
Off-Site Download Link:Custom Firmware Validator v2.0 Rev-8:
- added all CEX CFW up to 4.30
- added all DEX CFW
- added missing DEX OFW
- added missing CEX OFW
- added missing Glevand's CFW 3.55 (included test releases)
- added missing Rogero's CFW 3.55
- added some missing checksums for some firmwares
- old, translated databases are moved to ./outdated folder
- add missing CEX OFW (the ones from BD-ROM)
- add missing SEX OFW
- Custom Firmware Validator v2.0 Rev-8
NEWS SOURCE: Custom firmware validator v2.0 rev 8 more Cex DEX CFW OFW support (via) PSX-Scene
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!