I have completed this tutorial, but instead of being on FW 3.55, I am now on FW 3.40. The FW update I used was the 3.55 one, but it shows that I am on FW 3.40. I have tried to reinstall OFW 3.55 and Kmeaw 3.55 and even Rogero 3.55, but no matter what FW I use to update, the system always reads it as the 3.40 update and that's what it installs. I am unable to do any update from the XMB, as it fails when copying the data. I can only update through the recovery menuy. I am very confused by this. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-Nevermind, I was an idiot and didn't realize a disc was in the system. My fault. Great tutorial. Everything worked perfectly for me. Thank you!
Last edited by eminem0208; 11-18-2012 at 09:19 PM.
I had QA flag when it was first released. Tried the rebug toolbox on rogero dex and it showed as no qa flag set. Now I followed the tutorial to the letter, but when I run the qa flag it doesn't do the 3 beep step. I did it over and over again. Could someone please confirm if it is because I already did it in the past?
Those who played around qa token while using a targetID dex have certainly invalidated the token
i suggest you to restore your dex traget id, shutdown the ps3 and start my tutorial back from the beginning
you can also try to reset the token but i think you can't install any pkg right now.. =/
If you have it installed try resetting it via rebug toolbox, then try again with qa_extra.pkg, if it doesn't beep do as I said above
Thank you Brenza for the reply but after a few hours with the ps3 on and no replys on the issue I restarted the ps3 even without the qa flag set.
Result... it worked. =D
I'll post the steps I did when the qa-flag pkg didn't worked as it should.
1 - Set the rogero 3.55 cfw ver. 3.7 as it has L1 checks disabled, instead of the OFW 3.55 for the end on the tutorial as I feared that the syscon checks would f*** everything up.
2 -Tried the qa-flag from your link again (on 3.55 rogero cfw v3.7) to no success. =/
3- Tried the qa-toggle from the rogero syscon tutorial and the ps3 beeped as it should, then I could confirm that the QA-Flag was set by pressing the button combo.
4 - Followed the dehash tutorial from rogero.
4 - Happily 4.21 rogero cfw user now.
Thank you so much for the tutorial though! Hardware flashers are a lot hard to find where I live and you sure saved me a lot of trouble and money.
To get eid_root_key on DEX:
1) Downgrade to 3.55DEX with peek&poke
2) Install Rebug-Toolbox-02.00.00
3) Put lv2_kernel.self from 3.55KMEAW on a usb stick and connect to the PS3
4) Start toolbox
5) In Utilities - Load LV2 Kernel (wait...may take awhile)
6) Start eid0 flatz root key dumper
7) Multiman CEX - copy your keys to usb
Check if QA toggled, make new flash:
1) Downgrade to 3.55DEX with peek&poke (if havent already)
2) Install Rebug-Toolbox-02.00.00 (if havent already)
3) Start Rebug Toolbox
4) Plug USB into right PS3 port
5) Open toolbox, scroll to DEX/CEX, pick Export Flash to File
6) On PC get flash from usb just dumped and convert to CEX region with c2d.exe
7) Put new cex flash on same usb as dex flash named CEX-FLASH.EID0.NORBIN (or .NANDBIN)
8) In toolbox under DEX/CEX Rewrite Target ID in Flash from DEX to CEX
9) In toolbox under system, restart system with Soft (LV2 Reboot Only)
10) Go to utilities, toggle QA Flag to ENABLED
11) Go to DEX/CEX category (in toolbox) pick export flash to file
12) Use this latest QA CEX flash dump to go back to CEX
your method didnt work i got brick :\ i guess i shouldnt blame you , infact i should thank you cuz i concerted my console from dex back to cex lucky me i have another hard disk i can use to recover my ps3 through FSM ,
for all ppl @PatrickBatman's method will brick after the system restart soft (lv2 restart)
hi brenza, i got a problem here i followed all your steps and was so close but when i ran your qa toggle the screen went black and just hung there. So i shut off the ps3 from the back and started it back up but now i cant run any of the programs. My ps3 is on but when i try to run mm, the qa toggle, the reboot or anything i get an error and it wont launch. When i try to install anything it won't launch either