A few regressions and bug fixes.
Just a few weeks after the previous release, the PS3 Media Server team is back with another update fixing a few bugs on the app.
PS3 Media Server by 'shagrath', 'Raptor399' and 'chocolateboy', is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server dedicated to the PS3. It has been written Java, and allows you to stream or transcode any kind of media files, with minimum configuration. It's backed up with the powerful Mplayer/FFmpeg packages.
The newest v1.72.0 features a few bug fixes and regressions from the previous release. Here's the full changelog:
You can download the newest versions for all platforms (Windows, Linux and Mac OS X) on its official Google Code project below!• Regressions:
- Fixed bug that occurred when using ShowDVDTitleDuration
- Fixed bug that caused embedded subtitles to be displayed when subtitles are disabled
- Fixed bug in handling of filenames with embedded $ characters
- Removed option to automatically switch to tsMuxeR (available manually via the #--TRANSCODE--# folder)
For 1.70.0 and above:
• Just uninstall the older version and install the newer one.
For versions prior to 1.70.0:
• It is recommended to back up and remove your old PMS.conf and re-enter and save your settings (if any) in the GUI. Alternatively (e.g. if you have a large number of customizations you wish to preserve), see the upgrade notes for previous major releases (e.g. 1.50.0, 1.60.0 &c.) for migration instructions.
NEWS SOURCE #1: PS3MediaServer (via) Google Code
NEWS SOURCE #2: Downloads #9570 = PS3_Media_Server_v1.72 (via) EurAsia
Our thanks to 'Gauss' for this news item!