multiMAN 04.19.00/01 is now available online for CEX/DEX/STEALTH:
* Added initial support for single-disc PS1 ISO/BIN backups (/PSXISO /PSXGAMES folders)
* PS1 ISO/BIN backups will show in the RETRO column
* PS1 ISO/BIN backups compatibility is much lower than burned PS1 CD backups
* Added support for multi-disc PS1 backups (in 04.19.01)
* Updated Showtime for mM and standalone to 04.01.451
* Credits for the PS1 EMU patches go solely to Estwald/Hermes
* Added support for 4.31CFW
* Added support for creating ISO files from PS1 game discs
* Improved support for PS1 ISO/BIN/IMG/MDF
About the PS1 improvement: I have NFS:Porsche and it works fine from disc but not from ISO/BIN. The issue was in the patched ps1_emu.self (ATAPI 0x43 READ TOC) which I believe breaks some games (like because of missing .CUE sheet processing). I hope that this fix (which is included in mM 04.19.02) will fix issues with other games that crashed or had some audio issues.
The original patch from Hermes (in ps1_patch2.S)
memcpy(&data[n - sizeof(ps1emu_patch2)], ps1emu_patch2, sizeof(ps1emu_patch2));
(0x3C, 0x80, 0x00, 0x22, 0x60, 0x84, 0x01, 0x63, 0x90, 0x98, 0x00, 0x00):
lis %r4, 0x22
ori %r4, %r4, 0x0163 // first track / last track
stw %r4, 0(%r24)
Added support for PS2 disc add-ons for PS3 games like SingStar:
"[PS2" prefix in folder name required
Example: /dev_hdd0/GAMES/SingStar-Dance/[PS2 Pop] where [PS2 Pop] contains a backup of your PS2 disc
You can have up to 10 [PS2] add-on discs per PS3 game. In the screenshot above the following folder structure was used:
/dev_usb000/GAMES/SingStar-Dance <--- This is the PS3 game listed in the Game column
mM detects the add-on PS2 discs and will list them in the pop-up menu when you load the game:
To have a PS2 disc to be listed in the pop-up menu the folder name must start with [PS2 like in the examples above.
[Hermes] option for BD-ROM Emulator must be used and a PS3 disc is required. Later for the PS2 swap you'll need an original PS2 disc.
Don't forget that you can backup your original PS2 discs in folder format using mmOS.
* Added support for PSXEMU/PSXNETEMU emulator selection for PS1 BIN+CUE backups (Press [Triangle] -> Game Settings)
* When using PSX NETEMU option the disc backups must be in MODE1 or MODE2 / 2352 (or more) bytes sector
* Multi-disc games are not supported in this initial PS1_NETEMU-support version
The default launch mode for PS1 file backups is "AUTO" = PSX EMU. Some games may require or look/perform better when using PSX NETEMU. The patched versions were tested on 4.30 and 4.21, but hopefully 3.41 and 3.55 versions will work too.
This method is similar to the ps1_emu.self patching and doesn't affect other apps nor uses system calls which make break other apps.
Requires 04.20.00 BASE or FULL installed (everyone who updated online to 04.20.00 already got the 04.20.00 BASE).
* Added support for lastGAME5 for loading PS1 backups from the "Load Last Title" icon on XMB
* Added support for Emulator-grouping selection in the SIDE menu in RETRO column
* Fixed mM last-state-save when loading "bd-mirror"/"ext. game data" games
* The improved discless compatibility now allows for skipping mandatory gamedata install for some games
* Updated lastGAME, bdRESET and gameDATA to version 5 to support mM 04.20.00+. Downloads available in the web column, too.
multiMAN ver 04.20.01 UPD (20130225).zip (6.45MB)
Download multiMAN ver 04.20.01 UPD (20130225).zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
* multiMAN ver 04.20.01 UPD CEX (20130225).pkg
* multiMAN ver 04.20.01 UPD DEX (20130225).pkg
* multiMAN ver 04.20.01 UPD STEALTH (20130225).zip
* When using /net_host to load PS3 games via mmDM+ProDG - the scan/refresh is greatly improved. I'll appreciate feedback on that.
* There is a new option in "Settings" - "Expand Contents of XMMB media columns (net_host)" - default is "No". When disabled, mM will only scan for PS3 games in FOLDER FORMAT from the remote hosts. It will not scan for DVD/BD iso files or other non-game content.
* multiMAN ver 04.20.02 UPD CEX (20130301).pkg (Requires 04.20.00 BASE/FULL installed)
* multiMAN ver 04.20.02 UPD DEX (20130301).pkg (Requires 04.20.00 BASE installed)
* multiMAN ver 04.20.02 UPD STEALTH (20130301).zip (Requires 04.20.00 BASE/FULL installed)
* mmCM ver 04.20.02 UPD (20130301).pkg (Requires 04.18.00 or 04.20.00 BASE/FULL installed)
* lastGAME5, bdRESET5, gameDATA5 (for standard CEX/DEX firmwares only!)
Added support for 4.30DEX CFW (REBUG) (TBA)
* Added support for PS1 BIN+CUE (using ps1_emu/netemu) for 3.55DEX, 4.21DEX and 4.30DEX
* Added DynaRec support: New option in Settings "Enable DYNAREC"
* DYNAREC support for 3.55CEX/DEX, 4.21CEX/DEX, 4.30CEX/DEX, 4.31CEX
* Fixed few minor issues in 4x2 and 8x4 modes (refreshing the game title when insert/ejecting a PS3 game disc)
* Fixed a very rare bug in mmOS when icon names/texts are getting corrupted
DYNAREC support tested on 4.21REX and 4.30ROGERO with ps3sx_Beta.pkg which is enough to assume that the implementation is proper. Thanks to Ing. Pereira for the htab info and PeteUK for the testing. All offsets can be found in my source below so Ing. Pereira can port his app for other firmwares, too. Also there is an easier way to detect all CFW firmwares and I posted about it at the end of this post.
ou need "PS2 Classics Placeholder" (by CaptainCPS-X) installed and your ps2 classics in /dev_hdd0/PS2ISO as subfolders. It is also available for download in mM's WEB column.
If you don't have memory-cards, mM will create them for you under SAVEDATA subfolder in the game folder.
Use the following structure format:
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game (simple naming format - no cover download)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded covers)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/Test Game/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)
or even better, the recommended format:
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003 (mM will use the gameID and will download the cover if available)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/ISO.BIN.ENC
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/COVER.JPG (not mandatory, but if present will have higher priority than downloaded cover)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC0.VME (mM will create it if missing)
/dev_hdd0/PS2ISO/[SCUS-97194] NFL GameDay 2003/SAVEDATA/SCEVMC1.VME (mM will create it if missing)
Basically you only need the ISO.BIN.ENC and nothing else:
and mM will show "MyPS2Classic" disc icon in the RETRO column. If you name your folder with the game-id, mM will download the cover. If you put "COVER.JPG" next to the iso, mM will use it instead. That's it.