The Ultimate Retro System Emulator Is Now Officially Updated to 0.9.8.1
Two of the retro gaming emulator coding veterans who go by the aliases of Squarepusher and Themaister have released version 0.9.8.1 of the multi-retro gaming system emulator that is RetroArch, which now fixes the game-bootup issue on the Final Burn Alpha core that causes the game to suffer from graphical corruption or end up getting stuck in Service Mode, and includes the now-working Mednafen Wonderswan core and has a stability-improved PS3 core.
For a full changelog, read below:
PS3 STANDARD PACKAGE LINK: RetroArch PS3 0.9.8.1 - Mediafire
- (Android) Lots of changes – too numerous to list
- [FBA] Fixed serious bug that would cause a lot of games to get stuck
in service mode or to display graphical corruption (CPS1).
- [NEStopia] Now outputs in mono sound mode.
- [FCEUmm] Uses RGB565 now – should no longer flicker on RMenu.
- [Mednafen PC Engine Fast] Fixed libretro issue where certain games
had totally wrong pitch
- [Mednafen Wonderswan] Core fixed, works again.
- [Genesis Plus GX] Set audio samplerate at 48KHz (from 44KHz).
- [PS3] Fixed serious bugs where it could get ‘stuck’ or the app could
‘hang’ while toggling between ingame and quickmenu/file browser.
- [PS3] Added ‘Menu Skins’ to ‘Retro Settings’ – will allow you to
select a different background for the menu. Captain CPS-X’s menu skin
is also included.
PS3 SINGSTAR REPLACEMENT PACKAGE LINK: RetroArch PS3 0.9.8.1 - SingStar GameID Spoof - Mediafire
Libretro @ Twitter
NOTE: This official release is not compatible with multiMAN feature to directly launch a retro game. But I will release a unofficial build with that fixed soon.