Today we got an Email from the E3 Diy Team, and their latest hardware product is aimed at 'developers', the E3 Station, a series of different PCBoards for playing with your console firmware NOR or NAND and even the Blu-Ray drive. Also a smaller product called the PS3 Glitcher has also been announced by the E3 Team.
Here is their email:
E3TEAM, the world renowned PS3 team, the maker of E3 FLASHER, E3 CARD READER and E3 CFW 4.30 etc, will release a Revolutionary new innovation product:
E3 Station is a multi-console supported platform, which we spent nearly a year developed by E3TEAM. It has huge hardware scalability and various software applications. Its main features are:
A high-performance hardware architecture
Big HD touch screen allow players to use the software easily .
Support for an expansion hardware board. With the custom expansive board, the user can play backup game easily.
Multi-console compatable, such as PS3/XBOX360/WIIU, and also future PS4/XBOX720.
Built-in Bluetooth, WIFI and HDMI interface, support HD Internet TV and a variety of high-definition 1080P multimedia(include BD ISO).
Perfect quality and attractive price.
The E3 STATION will be the best development tools for developers. E3TEAM will open the application SDK, and provide free sample for those interested developers. The developer can release their work (software or hardware) which is based on the E3 STATION for free or paid. E3TEAM will also reward the good work, we will public later with the Awards Program.
We believe that with the support of many developers, E3 STATION users will get the best experience.
Addition, E3TEAM will release over time various E3 expansion boards which run on the E3 Station. Users can choose which ones according to their own needs, so far the following boards are planned:
1: E3 NAND BOARD KIT
The NAND board KIT includes the NAND board and the Nand CLIP. These boards work in conjunction with the E3 Station, the NAND-model PS3 Users can easily achieve one click downgrades without the need of any hassle or even a PC. Just touch E3 station screen and downgrade is completed.
2: E3 NOR BOARD KIT
The NOR board KIT includes the NOR board and the NOR CLIP. These boards also work in conjunction with E3 Station, the NOR-model PS3 Users can easily achieve one click downgrades without the need of any hassle or even a PC. Just touch E3 station screen and downgrade is completed.
About PS3 3K and 4K consoles, we will release 2 products for them:
1: E3 DRIVE EMU BOARD
The DRIVE EMU BOARD works with the E3 station, users can run PS1/PS2/PS3 backup game from harddisk, this works on ALL PS3 models including 3K and 4K.
2: PS3 Glitcher
This is an independent small size chip with cheaper cost. It does not need additional hardware like the E3 Station. We have succeeded in glitching the PS3 3K and 4K a few months ago, all we need is some time to improve the boot rate.
More special function expansion boards will be announced later (for XBOX360 and WIIU etc), while welcoming the developers to obtain the SDK and E3 STATION sample, to become the member of E3 developer team.
Here is our new email address for applying to become E3 developer: e3 . develop @ gmail . comRemove the spaces
Attached below is some pictures for our products, we will release more details later on in Feb.
1: PS3 Glitcher test board from E3TEAM
2: E3 Nand and Nor expasion board
3: E3 DRIVE EMU test board front
4: E3 DRIVE EMU test board back
Amazing 'scene' news we have here today, and finally a company making products for actual 'developers', and the big event in their email, an PS3 Glitcher is announced, and does that mean finally the PS3 'scene' is moving up to level of the Xbox 360 consoles with their RGH mods.
Estwald over at elotrolado.net has released an update to Iris Manager
Here is the poorly translated details:
Well, given that D_Skywalk is "low" paternity and asked me to open a new thread, to update it, that I do, taking advantage we have new version
First of all, I would like to put three conditions:
1) I do not carry version control, because in github I canceled, I have no desire to go back to those bastards and git all problems are often under Windows, as not handle http addresses. So I'll post a RAR and point and if someone wants to take control of versions, back on, but for now, I'm not.
2) The official version is that we D_Skywalk and me. Your contributions are welcome, within a limit, it has been said that the GUI should be the same, basically, and not be breaking the application schema. That does not mean that you may not go it alone and break it in your own way, you will have to call but then otherwise your application, by request of D_Skywalk. Obviously, if the changes are minor, no need to change the application name, but it is not in competition, if not collaboration. If that is respected, I have no objection to lend you aid, etc.
3) The third condition is rather a request that anyone who drives the Wiki, should be an entry "Iris Manager" to link it in this post and facilitaros the task if you or any morning for example, I abandoned the project .
- 4.31 CFW Support Miralastijeras: Give thanks for my part, collaborative attitude author, who has tried to give me the job as possible (still, if I had not moved to CFW, would have been difficult, because there were things that fallitos missing and some we had gone mad: so that I could dump LV1 and LV2
- New Home launch for CFW 4.31
- New patch for PS1 EMULATOR: I put big that solves the problem that some games cause ps1_netemu call: I do fakeando the disk ID in sector 16. That was the reason why such Chrono Cross remained in black, but if another disk givest PSX, tore that game
I also added a new patch to simulate TOC extended info, if necessary.
IMPORTANT: 4.31 ps1_emu not be used. Using 4.30 or less. I have to look at how viable is doing via syscall emulation (the biggest problem, to house the code, which is a lot and used to all versions)
According to VGLeaks, the next PS console contains eight Jaguar cores at 1.6 Ghz, 4GB of unified RAM and a 18 Compute Unit GPU.
Matches with all the recent rumors.
As promised, and just a week after the Durango/'XBOX 720' one, site VGLeaks is back with a Orbis/'PS4' unveil.
The Hardware specs are very detailed, and match with all the recent rumors floating on the net. Sadly, there's no info about the Software implementation/OS the console will have.
Well, here they are:
• Custom implementation of AMD Fusion APU Arquitecture (Accelerated Processing Unit)
• Provides good performance with low power consumtion
• Integrated CPU and GPU
• Considerably bigger and more powerful than AMD’s other APUs
• Orbis contains eight Jaguar cores at 1.6 Ghz, arranged as two “clusters”
• Each cluster contains 4 cores and a shared 2MB L2 cache
• 256-bit SIMD operations, 128-bit SIMD ALU
• SSE up to SSE4, as well as Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)
• One hardware thread per core
• Decodes, executes and retires at up to two intructions/cycle
• Out of order execution
• Per-core dedicated L1-I and L1-D cache (32Kb each)
• Two pipes per core yield 12,8 GFlops performance
• 102.4 GFlops for system
• GPU is based on AMD’s “R10XX” (Southern Islands) architecture
• DirectX 11.1+ feature set
• Liverpool is an enhanced version of the architecture
• 18 Compute Units (CUs)
• Hardware balanced at 14 CUs
• Shared 512 KB of read/write L2 cache
• 800 Mhz
• 1.843 Tflops, 922 GigaOps/s
• Dual shader engines
• 18 texture units
• 8 Render backends
• 4 GB unified system memory, 176 GB/s
• 3.5 available to games (estimate)
- High speed Blu-ray drive
• single layer (25 GB) or dual layer (50 GB) discs
• Partial constant angular velocity (PCAV)
• Outer half of disc 6x (27 MB/s)
• Inner half varies, 3.3x to 6x
- Internal mass storage
• One SKU at launch: 500 GB HDD
• There may also be a Flash drive SKU in the future
• 1 Gb/s Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n WIFI, and Bluetooth
• Evolved Dualshock controller
• Dual Camera
• Move controller
• Audio Processor (ACP)
• Video encode and decode (VCE/UVD) units
• Display ScanOut Engine (DCE)
• Zlib Decompression Hardware
All this info is subject to change in the future by Sony.
As always, consider the above as just a RUMOR (for now). Stay tuned for more info in the upcoming days/weeks!
More new updates for Iris Manager have been released, featuring improvements to the recently added PSX ISO functionality, and more!
Following on the previous updates -which added the ability to run PSX ISOs-, 'D_Skywalk' & 'Estwald' have been released more new versions of this neat open manager, featuring improvements and bug fixes to that functionality (PSX emulator V2), along other changes.
Take a look at the full changelog for 1.51 - 1.52:
- Added free space check on HDD copying games
* if size of game is larger than free space on internal HDD + 1GB, the copy is aborted
* if size of game is larger than free space on external USB + 1MB, the copy is aborted
- BD-EMU does not mount the HDD by default (now there are 2 options: old behavior and the default)
- Some parts of the code have been touched (if some hangs occurs on start up)
- The patcher tools have been unified in the same rar file
- Added support for 4.21 DEX
- Removed "PSX unsupported" message when a PSX "ISO" is launched (syscall 8 is required to make it work: LV1 patches are not needed)
- New version of the PSX emulator V2 (ps1_emu_patched2.self, do not rename it)
- Added support for .ISO and .MDF (alcohol) formats for PSX images.
* Images in MODE1/2048, MODE2/2336 and MODE2/2448 (CD-XA) are also supported.
* All the images of the same game must be in the same format.